Although negotiations take place between people, the human side of the interaction is too easily overlooked in favor of the commercial and economic aspects of the negotiation. This seminar is designed to inspire you to reflect beyond the numbers, about the emotional, psychological and interpersonal aspects of the negotiation, which can often make or break the deal.
- Negotiators do not argue. They negotiate.
- Negotiators leave the other party satisfied.
- Negotiators are not their feelings .
- Negotiators assess and exercise their political power.
- Negotiators adapt behavior to circumstances.
- Negotiators are able to build trust.
- Negotiators seek out low-cost/ high-value trades.
This session will introduce some of the concepts covered in The Foundation Negotiator Workshop (May 31).