AmCham Shanghai is pleased to invite you to participate in the annual e-waste recycling drive, co-organized by Netspring Green IT Programs.
All members and non-members are welcome to drop off obsolete electronics and parts on Friday, April 24 between 9:30 am-4:30 pm at the AmCham Shanghai Infinitus Tower Office. Contributors will receive a certificate of appreciation on-site with their contributions. Netspring will recycle the collections and refurbish reusable items to outfit e-classrooms in rural or migrant schools throughout China.
Netspring now recycles obsolete computers/office equipment in bulk in other Chinese cities besides Shanghai. For more information, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All electronic items collected will support the Netspring Green IT Classrooms Program. Netspring will manage the sorting and refurbishment of reusable computers to set up Green IT classrooms for underprivileged children in China. Any unusable items will be disposed in an environmental-friendly way.
Netspring is a pioneer social enterprise dedicated to transforming e-waste into e-education. During the past 7 years collaborating with AmCham Shanghai and other sponsors, the Netspring team has utilized eco-friendly solutions and provided more than 65,000 children the access to digital technology and better education. In 2019, Netspring started to provide IT coding teaching lessons to the students and teachers.
We accept items like,
- Computers, laptops and hard drives (preferably the ones that still have hard drives and memory sticks, but all computers are welcome)
- Monitors, keyboards and mice
- Printers, scanners and fax machines
- Cables, extension cords, adapters, USBs, plugs and wires
- Cameras, mobile phones, and etc.
- Other related parts and accessories (except for mercury-containing fluorescent tubes)
We look forward to your participation!