The January Monthly Member Briefing features a panel discussion with the AmCham Shanghai 2020 Doorknock Delegation on January 5, 2021. The Delegation will brief members on its recent meetings with US policymakers.
Every year, AmCham Shanghai organizes a Doorknock visit to Washington DC to discuss the US-China trade relationship with members of the US government, think tank experts and business organizations.
Because of COVID travel restrictions, this year's Doorknock took place through virtual meetings in November and December. The delegation met with representatives from the Department of State, USTR, Treasury, Commerce and Agriculture as well as leaders in the Senate and House of Representatives. This year's Doorknock also included public meetings with leading academics, including Kurt Campbell, Ryan Hass, Scott Kennedy, Paul Haenle and Wendy Cutler.
The Doorknock Delegation Members are:
- Jeff Lehman, Chairman, AmCham Shanghai
- Ker Gibbs, President, AmCham Shanghai
- Julian Blissett, President, GM China
- Han Lin, Deputy General Manager, Wells Fargo Shanghai
- Curt Ferguson, President, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jan Craps, CEO, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Joanna Zhu, Regional Managing Director, North Asia, CEVA Logistics
- Helen Hu, Asia CFO, Duke Kunshan University
- Lv Qiang, VP Government Affairs, Abbott
- Allison Cui, MillikenVice President, Milliken & Company, General Manager, Milliken Floor Covering Business, Asia
- David Basmajian, Senior Advisor, Public Affairs, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
- Jonathan Woetzel, MGI Director and Senior Partner, McKinsey
- Don Williams, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Bob Theleen, CEO, ChinaVest
- Cameron Johnson, Partner, Tidal Wave Solutions
- Michael Crotty, Founder and President, MKT & Associates
- Tom Ward, President, PIM China
- Ben Wang, AmCham Southwest
- Alan Beebe, President, AmCham China
AmCham Shanghai's member-only Monthly Member Briefing is an exclusive opportunity to hear from top government officials and experts on political and economic trends impacting businesses in China.
Admission to this event is complimentary. All members are required to wear a Business Card during the event for identification purposes. We are unable to accommodate non-member guests at this briefing.